"and"

stablility.
but my hearts on a plate balanced on
a stick waiting for you to knock it over
once again.
but oddly enough i like the sound of
it shattering.

Flashing lights in my mind like
cameras
and every picture is the same
its you
you and that crooked smile.
and me
me and my bright eyes

all smiles and all of the above
and i miss it so much

and i guess its not your eyes but the
way they looked at me

and i guess its not your laugh but
how close it was to my ear

and i guess its not your lips but the
way they said my name

and i check my rearview evey time i
drive past your house to see if your
cars parked out front cause i dont
dare look out the passenger window.
i dont want you to know i care.

and, and, and, and

and life isnt fair.
and everything happens for a reason
or so they say but i believe them.

so i ripped the rearview mirror clean
outta my car cause whats the point
of lookin back when you already
know whats behind you?

1 comment:

  1. "i dont dare look out the passenger window. i dont want you to know i care."

    This is so powerful, and I love the feeling behind your words.

    "whats the point of lookin back when you already know whats behind you?"

    ReplyDelete